KRISTINUS OLASZRIZLING 2015
Type of the wine: White, dry
Grape variety: 100% OLASZRIZLING
Acidity / alcohol content: N/A g/l 13 %
Terroir, vineyard: NA
Training system: NA
Technology: 25% of the juice was fermented and aged in 500 litre Hungarian oak barrels, another 25% after the tank fermentation went to the barrels for six month agein. I used a yeast, which shows the aromas of the terroir, as this grape is coming from an old plantation of Olaszrizling.
Quality level: PELSO
Temperature: 8-10 °C
Food pairing: Balaton fishes or sea fishes with a few drops of lemon Chicken varieties
Available quantity: 4.000 BOTTLES
Retail price: 2.490 HUF / 8–9 EUROS
Awards: – Decanter World Wine Awards: 84 pont
– Országos Borverseny 2017: SILVER MEDAL – The Wine of the Parlament, 2017.
– Balatonboglári Borvidéki Borverseny: GOLDEN MEDAL, 2016.
– XIV. Balatoni Borok Versenye: SILVER MEDAL, 2016. – Délnyugat-Balatoni Hegyközség Szüreti Borverseny, Forgalmi kategória: SILVER MEDAL, 2016.
– Semmelweis Egyetem Bora Országos Borverseny: SILVER MEDAL, 2016.
– National Wine Excelleny, 2016
Very light green colour with green reflexes and low viscosity. In smell it is light with green almond, grass and herbs.On the palate is dry we get back what we’ve got from smell. In the aftertaste you can realise the vintage specific aromas. From a riped harvested grape the pro- ducer made the maximum which is possible from that variety! Well balanced wine which can represent the Balaton style.