6th WebWineWriting – Summary and voting
This year 56 entries have arrived in the 3 Engligh language and 3 Hungarian language categories. It is a bit less than last year, but more nations participated than ever: articles came from the USA, the Netherlands, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Spain, Chile, Italy, United Kingdom, Romania, Turkey, Poland, Portugal, France, Ukraine and certainly from Hungary.
The juries have evaluated the articles in each category, once again we would like to thank them for their work. Our jury members were this year in the English language categories:
– Tamlyn Currin, Elizabeth Smith, Florian Zaruba (Biodynamic stories)
– John Szabo MS, Prof. Guido Invernizzi, Tamás Dúzsi, Ágnes Németh (Old vines)
– Jonas Röjderman MW, Ritu & Rajiv Singhal, Bernadett Poós (My Hungarian wine experience)
The winners of the three categories are the following writers. Congratulations!
And who is the absolute winner, who collects the most votes from the readers? Please, read the thre articles and vote for your favourite to select the Absolute Winner 2023!
The winner is...
Before and after – fairy tales of biodynamic conversions
The runner up: Jeff Burrows
And the winner: Victoria Makarova (Ukraine)
Old vines and their precious fruits
The runner up:Sinisa Curavic
And the winner: Stefanos Voidomatis (Greece)
Hungarian wine category dedicated to the Nordic wine writers
The runner up: Bartosz Makles (Poland)
And the winner: Peder Lehmann Larssen (Denmark)
– All category winner articles will be published on hungarianwines.eu – in case the winner article is about one or more Hungarian wines.
– All category winners will receive a virtual badge that they can place on their websites.
– The 10 most highly scored contestants will receive invitation to the 6th Hungarian Gettogether event (17 August 2023, Kristinus Wine Estate, Hungary).
– The winners of each category can participate in a 4 day (3 nights) wine trip to Hungary on 15–18 August 2023. The prize includes accommodation for 3 nights, 3 meals / day, transfers from and to the airport and between the program venues, and at least 3 exclusive winery visits.It does not include a flight ticket.
– One of the three winners, who collects the most votes in the voting period becomes the absolute winner. He / she will receive a flight ticketas well (from a European city to Budapest and back with one normal checked in suitcase).
– The absolute winner will get an Absolute winner electronic badge.
– And certainly there will be wines to win: each winner wins one or more exciting wines related to the category.