Agricultural Marketing Center – the agency to make export happen
The sponsor of this category and also the main sponsor of the whole contest is the agency responsible for the export promotion of Hungarian agricultural products including our stunning wines. 2021 has been a busy year for AMC – they worked together with Decanter on the Hungarian supplement, they supported Furmint February campaign also in the United Kingdom, they supported the first Interwine Award – a contest designed for winery websites – and conducted several tastings from Lithuania to Russia. AMC also organized the first Wine Export Academy, an online series of lectures for Hungarian winemakers.
More about AMC
- The absolute winner of all 4 categories (the one collects the most votes among the finalists) will win an all inclusive study tour in Hungary on 17–20 August, including flight ticket from and to a European destination. In case the winner cannot travel due to COVID restrictions, another option will be offered in March 2022.
- The category winner article will be posted on hungarianwines.eu.
- The category winner will receive an electronic badge that he or she can display on the website or blog.
- The winner of the category will receive a premium wine package provided by Agricultural Marketing Centre.
- The winner of the category can participate in the all inclusive study tour in Hungary on 17–20 August, excluding flight ticket.
- All finalists of the category will receive a wine package provided by Agricultural Marketing Centre.
- All category winners will get invitation to the award ceremony taking place on 19 August 2021 in the Castle of Siklós (Villány, Hungary).
In her previous jobs and positions Alíz had the opportunity to learn about wine from every aspect. She gained experience in wine tourism in Italy, obtained sales skills at Veritas wine store chain, enhanced her tasting and communications skills as a sommelier at top restaurants like Alabárdos or St. Andrea Wine & Skybar. At recent she works as project manager at the wine department of Agricultural Marketing Centre, and her duties range from managing shooting of wine videos to organizing tastings in remote countries. She is looking forward to receiving entries with stories of our stunning wines.
Anna Maria Kambourakis
Anna Maria Kambourakis is a Certified Sommelier, owner of Chania Wine Tours, and wine writer. She has written about wine for numerous international publications and recently started Unraveling Wine, a useful wine blog. Anna Maria and her husband have small vineyards in the mountains of Crete where they make wine from the indigenous grape variety, Romeiko. When Anna Maria is not writing or showing visitors the wines of the island, she enjoys traveling to new wine regions, drinking Champagne with French fries, and reading the latest wine books.
She has been involved in wine for nearly 20 years. For 12 years she worked as editor in chief of the Hungarian market leading wine magazine called VinCE Magazine, and she was also chief organizer of VinCE Budapest Wine Show, and event to feature the “celebrities” of wine life. Since 2016 she has lived in Spain and acts as a kind of ambassador of Hungarian wines. She owns and manages Hungarianwines.eu and frequently judges at international wine contests, speaks at international wine events. She won Millesima Blog Award 2017 in wine report category and for her work for Hungarian wine tourism she received Pro Turismo award.