HNT – in the service of every single winemaker
The National Council of the Wine Communities (‘Hegyközségek Nemzeti Tanácsa’ – HNT) is an interprofessional organization representing all Hungarian wineries. The main objectives of HNT are to increase the recognition of Hungarian wines internationally and nation-wide, to help wineries find export markets, to inform them about the novelties of the wine industry and the new regulations, measurements. HNT publishes its own quaterly trade magazine and holds an annual national wine contest. The website of HNT (only in Hungarian) is the source of statistics of Hungarian wine industry. HNT also organizes trade events and Poland has always been an important target country, where several masterclasses and wine exhibitions have been held. The president of HNT is Ottó Légli, the chief secretary is Dávid Brazsil.
Za co uwielbiam Węgry? – subiektywny przewodnik po kuchni, gastronomii i winach węgierskich
- The absolute winner of all 4 categories (the one who collects the most votes among the finalists) will win an all inclusive study tour in Hungary on 23–26 August, including flight ticket from and to a European destination.
- The category winner article will be posted on hungarianwines.eu.– in case the theme of the article is Hungarian.
- The category winner will receive an electronic badge that he or she can display on the website or blog.
- The winner of HNT category will receive a HNT wine pack of 6 wines by selected Hungarian winemakers.
- The winner of HNT category can participate in the all inclusive study tour in Hungary on 23–26 August, excluding flight ticket.
- The finalists of HNT category will receive a HNT wine package of 3 bottles by selected Hungarian winemakers.
- All category winners will get invitation to the award ceremony taking place on 25 August 2022 at Pannonhalma Archabbey Winery.
She has been researching the world of wines since 2000. Ágnes has already been a wine merchant, planted vineyard, founded and led a winery. She has been actively involved in the birth of several Hungarian wine brands. Economist, WSET diploma holder – just to mention a few of her degrees. She has been a lecturer of Budapest Metropolitan University since 2013, since 2016 she has been wine strategic consultant and brand ambassador of Lidl Hungary. Since 2007 she has managed her own company of wine consultancy, In 2015 she was chosen Female Enterpreneur of the Year, she is the author or co-author of 9 books and in 2019 she received WSET and IWSC Future 50 award – unprecedented in Central Eastern Europe.
Sol Montis winery was previously known as Kovács & Daughter – Zita is the “daughter” of the family winery. After receiving her degree from Budapest University of Horticulture, she started to work with immense passion, both in the winery and to develop Mátra wine region. She is the president of Mátra Wine Council. Last year she was a jury member of our contest in Mátra category, and this year she is delegated by HNT. Besides being a winemaker, Zita is experienced in brand building, marketing, event organizing and many other aspects of the wine industry.
Poland’s leading wine writer, writing about wine in Polish and English since 1999. He wrote (with fellow critic Marek Bieńczyk) three editions of a best-selling wine guide “Wina Europy” (2003, 2005, 2008); by the third edition we reviewed 15,000 wines from 31 countries, from France and Italy to Algeria and Switzerland (and Poland!). From 2002 until December 2010 he also worked as deputy editor for WINO Magazine, Poland’s first printed wine periodical. In 2012 he launched a new online wine magazine in Polish, Winicjatywa which with over 35K readers monthly has mavericked to become Poland’s no. 1 wine medium.