Sopron study tour on 3–5 October
Trade members, wine writers are welcome – a few places are still available
Do you know why Sopron is “the most faithful town” of Hungary? Did you know that the town of Sopron introduced its own currency? Have you tasted Soproni Kékfrankos, the icon wine of Sopron? If you have more than one “no” answers, it is time to discover this picturesque town and its culinary treasures with strong focus on wines. Wine writers and trade members are welcome, all costs are covered by the organizers except for flight (or other travel cost).
Cover photo by Ákos Steiger fron El Gusto Homes
If you are interested, please, send your name, the name of your company and your position. Please, keep in mind that the costs are covered from Vienna airport (closer to Sopron than Budapest) and back to the airport.
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrival at Vienna Schwechat airport on before 11.00. Transfer is provided from the airport
- 12.30 Lunch at Deák Restaurant.
- 14.00 Winery tour and tasting at Taschner Winery and Sparkling Wine House
- 16.00 Guided sightseeing tour in Sopron. More info about Sopron: https://www.visitsopron.com/en
- 17.30–18.15 Short rest at Fagus Hotel
- 18.30 Winery tour and tasting at Steigler Cellar
- 19.30 Wine dinner at Erhardt Restaurant. Dinner with the leaders of Sopron wine region and some key people who are dedicated to the development of Sopron.
- 9.30–10.45 Winery tour at Lővér Cellar in Sopron
- 11.00–21.00 “Sounds of Kékfrankos” Wine and Gastronomic Experience Day at Liszt Ferenc Conference Centre – a whole day with local gastronomy, winemakers of Sopron, music and much more
- 12.00–14.00 Lunch with the winemakers of Sopron
- 14.30-15.30 Visit to Winelife Winery in the village of Fertőrákos
- 16.00–17.00 Visit to Lenck Villa
- 17.00–19.00 Dinner with the winemakers of Sopron
- In the morning: visit to Esterházy palace in the town of Fertőd
- Lunch around Lake Fertő
- Otional program: “UAZ” tour in the vineyard with Miklós Kocsis from Kocsis Winery
- 13.00 Transfer to the airport