Type of the wine: White, Dry
Grape variety: 100% Rhine Riesling
Sugar / Alcohol / Acidity: Dry / 6.1 g/l / 14.0 % / 5.7 g /l
Terroir, vineyard: : ‘Kezdet’ vineyard, Badacsony mountain (South–South-West lying vineyard cultivated by Villa Sandahl).
– Medium–high cordon, short pruning.
– Serious yield control: 1.5 kg / vine on the average.
– Hand harvest, harvest date is adjusted to full phenolic ripeness. (09.10.2015, 12.10.2015 and 13.10.2015)
– Fermentation at controlled, low temperature (starting with 6 °C and closing with 15 °C).
– Whole bunch pressing.
– Blend of the 1st and 2nd fractions of pressings from the upper and lower parcels of Kezdet vineyard.
– Yeast selected for Rhine Riesling is used.
– Slow fermentation of 3 months in stainless steel vats (from pressing until bottling).
Quality level: This wine belongs to the ‘Mid range’ level, which is always the blending of the best must franctions, in this case exclusively from Kezdet vineyard. The two parts of the vineyard complement each other perfectly: the lower parcels of Kezdet vineyard represent the fruity character, while the upper parcels give grapes with more pronounced minerality.
Temperature: 12 – 15 °C
Food pairing: Fish, spicy Asian meat and pasta dishes.
Available quantity: 400 bottles
Retail price: Webshop retail price: 5900 HUF. / Take away retail price in cellar: 5.700 HUF / 16-18 Euros
Story: The labels are designed by one of the owners, Christer Sandahl, and he introduces a new, unique concept year by year, the labels are never repeated. Labels of vintage 2015 are created to express the aromas and flavours during bottling. When Wet stones 2015 was bottled, it reminded us of wet basalt stones indeed. In 2015 high quality botrytis appeared in some of our vineyards, thus our winemaker did not remove the botrytised berries, they add another shade to the colour of this wine.
Imported to: Sweden, Italy
A gold coloured, mineral Rhine Riesling with fabulous aromas resulting from bottle ageing. The minerality coming from volcanic Badacsony mountain is accompanied by notes of ripened summer fruits and citruses. The varietal character is complemented with a hint of botrytis both on the nose and the palate. A harmonious wine easy to love.