Taste “Young Lady” in pink at Lake Balaton
9th Zamárdi Rose Festival on 21–23 July
Certainly, we are talking about a wine. ‘Kisasszony’ (literally ‘Young Lady’ or ‘Miss’) is a rosé wine made by Zsolt Gere in Villány. He will present his rosé wine this weekend at Lake Balaton. Zamárdi is a village on the south shore of Lake Balaton, a popular holiday resort. What’s more, Zamárdi has a partnership with Villány, the southernmost wine region of Hungary, and the annual rosé buzz is the fruit of this partnership.
Date and time: 18.00–23.00, 21–23 July 2023
Venue: Rendezvénytér (‘Rendezvény’ square), Zamárdi, Hungary
Program: Hungarian folk and pop on the stage, manifestation and Péter Besenyei aerobatics show
No entrance fee, wines are to be paid at the exhibitors
Kisasszony – a rosé made of 100% Kadarka
– The fruit came from Remete vineyard in Villány, the vines were planted in 2012, it is the third vintage of the plantation (Guyot training system).
– Harvest took place at the end of September.
– After destemming the juice was placed in stainless steel tank, fermentation took place under controlled temperature. The wine spent a few weeks on fine lees.
– Bottled in April, 4000 bottles were made.
– Alcohol: 13.6%
– Acidity: 5.5 g/l
– Residual sugar: 1.1 g/l
– Description: Clear, pale pink colour. Intense nose with surprisingly white wine character. Thanks to the P9 Clone the nose and the palate are spicier than in case of many other Kadarka wines. Abundant in floral notes, the red berry fruits stay in the background. Pleasant, refreshing acidity, while the long finish is the icing on the cake. A crispy, true summer wine.