Cauliflower with red hummus & KNW Jazz Egri Bikavér
As we wrote earlier, the month of October was dedicated to the famous Eger red blend, the Egri Bikavér. Restaurants offered plates paired with Egri Bikavér and there were tastings, festivities all around the town of Eger. If you missed it, don’t worry, you can enjoy some great Egri Bikavér wines in your home as well, for example the fine wines of Kovács Nimród Winery, they are available in several countries. Now let us share a recipe created by gastro vlogger Adrienn Vass (Rókaland vlog). See the recipe below.
Fun fact: At the latest Egri Bikavér Festivity 200 bottles of Egri Bikavér wines were locked in the Castle of Eger for 30 years. The wines will be opened in 2052 to celebrate the 500th anniversary of the famous siege of Eger. Kovács Nimród Winery left some bottles of Jazz Egri Bikavér Superior 2017 for the future generation of winelovers.
For the “marinade” of the cauliflower
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs sesame oil
1 tbs soya sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
red pepper, Cayenne pepper, black pepper
For the hummus
1 can of chickpeas
1 cooked or baked beetroot
2 tbs olive oil
2 tbs lemon juice
1 clove of garlic
1 tbs tahini
Roman caravay, salt
How to prepare
– Mix the ingredients for the marinade. Cut the cauliflower into slices. Spread the slices with the marinade all over and place them in the oven on a tray with baking paper.
– Bake them at 180 C with a piece of paper on the top of the slices as well (you don’t need to wrap them, the steam can come out on the sides, but with the paper on top we can prevent the slices of cauliflower from burning).
– Bake them for 40 minutes. In the last 10 minutes remove the paper from the top to let them become nice brown.
– Meanwhile sieve the chick peas and rinse them well. Using a blender to the ingredients of the hummus with the chickpeas, making a puree.
– When serving, place the cauliflower slices on the red hummus and sprinkle it with black sesame seeds. Garnish with pita bread.
Enjoy it with KNW Jazz!