Type of the wine: White, Dry
Grape variety: 100% Rhine Riesling
Sugar / Alcohol / Acidity: Dry / 7.7 g/l / 14.5 % / 6.0 g /l
Terroir, vineyard: The grapes are exclusively from South–South-West lying vineyards on Badacsony mountain, cultivated by Villa Sandahl. The wine is a blend of different vineyards (Kezdet, Püspök udvar, Magány).
– Medium–high cordon, short pruning.
– Serious yield control: 1.5 kg / vine on the average.
– Hand harvest, harvest date is adjusted to full phenolic ripeness (30.09.2017, 01.10.2017, 04.10.2017).
– Fermentation at controlled, low temperature (starting with 6 °C and closing with 15 °C).
– Whole bunch pressing.
– Blend of the 1st and 2nd fractions of pressings, which are the fractions of the best quality.
– Yeast selected for Rhine Riesling is used.
– Slow fermentation of 3 months in stainless steel vats (from pressing until bottling).
Quality level: This wine belongs to the ‘Mid range’ level, which is always the blending of the best must franctions, in this case from the best parcels of the vineyards.
Temperature: 12 – 15 °C
Food pairing: Fish, spicy Asian meat and pasta dishes.
Available quantity: 1700 bottles
Retail price: Webshop retail price: 5900 HUF. / Take away retail price in cellar: 5.700 HUF / 16-18 Euros
Story: The labels are designed by one of the owners, Christer Sandahl, and he introduces a new, unique concept year by year, the labels are never repeated. Labels of vintage 2017 are created in the theme of magic. Rabbit periscope refers to a timid rabbit in the magician’s hat.
Imported to: Sweden, Italy
A full bodied wine with intense nose. Minerality, perfume and extraordinary fruitiness at the same time. Rounded, complex wine, which tempts the consumer to pour another glass. The rich palate reveals ripened citrus fruits, sun kissed apricot and mango along with stone fruits, a touch of salinity and caramelized sugar. Acidity is well integrated into the flavours. Lingering, long sip.