A spring time recipe from Mandula, Attila Gere, Villány
Attila Gere is a pioneer winemaker of Villány, the doyen of the region with his cult cuvée called Kopár from the best vineyard of the region and his merlot called Solus. A visit to Attila Gere Winery is a must for both professionals and winelovers, and provided you have the chance to stay, we suggest to enjoy the treatments of Crocus Hotel with grape products, or if time is short, at least a relaxed lunch in Mandula restaurant – both facilities belong to Gere family. We have asked the chef of Mandula for a typical local spring season meal, and here it is!
Noodle with bear leek and saddle of veal baked to rosé
Ingredients (for 4 persons)
- 50 dkg potato
- 9 dkg flour
- 2 eggs
- 3 dkg wheatmeal
- 1 dkg curley haired hog lard
- 5 dkg butter
- 1 bunch bear leek
- 80 dkg saddle of veal
- salt, pepper
- 15 dkg mellowed, hard cow cheese
- 10 dkg walnut
- Mash the cooked potato, then leave it simmer. Then add the other ingredients, quickly mix together, form, and cook in salt water for few minutes.
- Melt the butter, add the chopped bear leek to it, and dip the noodles in this sauce.
- Salt and pepper the saddle of veal, then rapid fry it in saucepan on big flame. Put it into an oven heated to 180 Celsius, and bake it up to 55 Celsius core temperature. This can be reached cca. 15–25 minutes, dependent on the size of the meat.
- Put the noodles and the meat on the plate, then sprinkle with grated cheese, and toasted, chopped walnut.
Serve it with Attila Gere’s 2016 vintage Villányi Olaszrizling or with Weninger–Gere Rosé 2016! Enjoy your meal!