9 Hungarian medals at Concours Mondial de Bruxelles
7 medals to Villány, 1 to Etyek, 1 to Szekszárd
The travelling wine contest had its latest session in Calabria, South of Italy, where red and white wines fought for the best scores. Over 7,300 entries from nearly 40 countries arrived, and the white wine with the highest score in this year’s competition is the Mar de Frades Finca Valiñas 2017 – an Albariño from Rias Baixas, Spain. Тhe best red wine comes from Moldova – the Fautor Negre 2017 is a blend of the native varieties Feteasca Neagra and Rara Neagra.
I am a frequent jury member of this competition, and I am convinced that it is one of the most rigorous wine contests of the world with impeccable organization.
Hungarian award winners:
– Göncz Pinot Blanc Klevner 2018, Villány (gold)
– Gere Kopar Cuvée 2018, Villány (silver)
– Gere Solus 2018, Villány (silver)
– Etyeki Kúria Pinot Noir 2018, Etyek (silver)
– Jammertal Cassiopeia MCS Achird 2017, Villány (silver)
– Jammertal Koh-I-Noor M 2017, Villány (silver)
– Bock Syrah 2018, Villány (silver)
– Bock Kékfrankos Selection 2017, Villány (silver)
– Dúzsi Szekszárdi Kékfrankos Görögszó Prémium Selection 2019, Szekszárd (silver)
See full list of results