Christmas wine: Feind Syrah 2017, Balaton
We recommend an exciting wine every day until Christmas. Our wine today is Feind Syrah 2017 from Balatonfüred. What, how, why, what to pair with, where and for how much – we’ll let you know. All of the recommended wines are of great quality, have a story and available in several countries. We will explain what the wine is made of and how, why do we suggest it, what to pair with, where you can buy and for how much.
100% Syrah – though this variety is not a typical grape around Lake Balaton, Feind Winery makes superb examples of Syrah under the guidance of their French winemaker.
The grape came from Somlyó hill (not to be confused with Somló) in the village of Balatonfőkajár, the “corner” of the lake. The harvest took place by machine and the fermented wine aged in barrique.
We could recently taste the whole portfolio of Feind Winery, and Syrah was undoubtedly one of their most interesting wines. “Mediterranean style nose with spices of Provence (mainly thyme). Spicy palate with ripened red fruit character. Full bodied, complex wine with serious ageing potential.”
– The simplest way for people withing Hungary is Feind webshop.
– On Winelovers Webshop the Syrah is not available, but some whites and the crispy, fruity Feind Cabernet Rosé is. They ship to every European country!
– Wine Society in the United Kingdom has a white Feind wine: Feind Olaszrizling 2021. At the moment it is out of stock, but soon it will be available again.
– On Feind webshop: 5999 HUF (about 14 euro)
– On Winelovers Webshop the Feind Kkfrankos Rosé is onyl 1700 HUF (about 4 euro)
More about Feind Winery in Hungarianwines.eu
Feind official website