Grandiose wine tasting in Budapest
Grand indeed with more than 150 Hungarian exhibitors, more than 700 Hungarian and 100 foreign wines, masterclasses, spirits and craft beers. Winelovers Grand takes place in Corinthia Hotel Budapest, a glamorous venue. The hotel was used to be called Royal Hotel – no wonder, the luxurious building is royal in every detail, an ideal setting for the whole day tasting event.
Discounted tickets until 21st February
A ticket will cost 13 900 HUF at the venue, however tickets purchased until 21st February cost only 10 900 HUF.
More information and registration here.
Furmint, Olaszrizling, Tokaji Aszú
Winelovers Grand is a perfect opportunity for those who wish to deepen their knowledge of Hungarian wines. Apart from the exhibitors pouring their own wines, a whole hall is dedicated to Furmint and Olaszrizling varieties with at least 40 wines of each grape. Educational material is also provided, thus this silent whole is ideal for professionals. For visiting the hall a supplementary ticket of 2000 HUF is necessary.
For the lovers of Tokaji Aszú, a unique masterclass will be conducted with 10 exceptional Aszú wines, including 6 puttonyos Barta Öreg Király 2013, 6 puttonyos Holdvölgy Culture Tokaji Aszú 2016 or 6 puttonyos Szepsy Tokaji Aszú 2017. The masterclass is in Hungarian, but the 10 wines will speak for themselves…
The list of wine is available here (scroll down until you find ‘Tokaji Aszú’).
For the masterclass guest should buy a masterclass ticket for 9900 HUF.
Exhibitors from all over Hungary
Winelovers Grand showcases a fabulous selection of quality wineries, let us mention a few:
– Bock Winery – the icon from Villány with several long aged, full bodied red wines and also with a lovely méthode traditionnelle sparkling wine made of Chardonnay.
– Borbély Family Winery – Tamás Borbély is the Winemaker of the Year 2020, the youngest person ever receiving the prestigious title. Their selected Olaszrizling wines from volcanic Badacsony wine region are a must to taste!
– Csányi Winery – the largest estate of Villány wine region has a wide range of wines from the crispy, juicy Teleki Irsai Olivér for young winelovers to the Teleki Tradíció 1881 Kopár Suoer Premium Villányi Franc 2015 for the more sophisticated wine drinkers.
– Eszterbauer Winery – the family winery from Szekszárd is great at Kadarka, they can show three different wines made of Kadarka grape variety. Don’t miss their rosé made of Nero grape.
– Feind Winery – this family winery has developed their facilities significantly in the past few years, and the result is obvious. Spotless, lovely wines from Balaton with some really exciting wines. Their Shiraz is amazing!