Taste Furmint in London and Edinburgh
21st and 23rd February
Taste 150 sparkling, dry and sweet wines from 35 producers made of Hungary’s flagship white variety, the exciting, versatile, super delicious Furmint! Wines of Hungary UK has already run Furmint February campaign three times in the United Kingdom, with great success. Huge media coverage, increasing presence of Furmint in British wine bars and restaurants and also increasing demand of Furmint from consumers.
This year Furmint producers will introduce their wines not only in London, but also in Edinburgh with 80 Furmint wines from Register for the tastings now!
In both places first trade members will have the chance to taste the wines and deepen their knowledge in masterclasses conducted by Caroline Gilby MW and Orsi Szentkirályi in London, and by Caroline Gilby MW and Rose Murray Brown MW in Edinburgh. After the trade tasting wine lovers are also welcome to get acquainted with our cherished Furmint wines!
Tokaj and beyond
Furmint is the most important grape variety of Tokaj wine region, therefore most producers will arrive from Tokaj. Do not miss
– Barta Cellar and the latest vintage of Öreg Király Furmint – a single vineyard wine from a breath taking vineyard.
– Chateau Dereszla withs super great price-value wines.
– Holdvölgy with its elegant, noble Furmint wines – along with the award winning Eloquence Szamorodni.
– Gizella with its lovable, outstanding quality sweet and dry wines.
– Sauska with its precise, crystal clear, single vineyard Furmint wines (Birsalmás and Medve) and also the sparkling wines including Furmint Brut 2016.
– Patricius with a whole range of Furmint wines including an organic one and a bottle fermented sparkling wine made of Furmint & Hárslevelű.
– Zsirai Winery with their single vineyard Furmints with character – no wonder, the winery is run by two passionate and talented sisters – and their brand new, brut nature sparkling wine!
However, Furmint grape is not restricted to Tokaj only, thus visitors can taste Furmint from Balaton, Somló or Eger as well – this latter wine region will be represented by Kovács Nimród Winery and its fabulous Sky Furmint.
More information and registration here
Visit Furmint February website and download your free tasting books!
The photo below is a page from the tasting book for the London tasting.