Winelovers 100 Grand Tasting on 18 September
“Amusement park” for adults
When a child arrives at the amusement park, he gets excited and doesn’t know where to start. Should he begin with the merry-go-around or the water slide? Something similar will happen to those, who attend Winelovers 100 Grand Tasting in Budapest on 18 September. The exhibitors represent the best Hungarian wines selected for Winelovers Best 100 Hungarian Wines 2021 magazine (to be released on 16 September).
A parade of top wineries
The best wineries pour their wines, 108 of them, to be precise. Just a few names to give a hint about the scale of the tasting:
– Barta Cellar from Mád (Tokaj) with their single vineyard, internationally acknowledged Barta Öreg Király Furmint,
– Csányi Winery with the latest gold winner Chateau Teleki Villányi Franc,
– Heumann Winery from Villány with its stunning Trinitás Villányi Franc (see the latest reviews),
– Haraszthy Vineyard from Etyek with their super elegant Sauvignon Blanc,
– Hilltop Neszmély with their new aroma profile labels and the prestigious Kamocsay Ákos Selection wines,
– Holdvölgy Winery from Mád (Tokaj) with wines that will surely impress you – just as they have impressed Andrea Lemieux recently from The Quirky Cork,
– Koch Winery from Hajós–Baja, an estate that has already won both prestigious titles: Winery of the Year and Winemaker of the Year,
– Kovács Nimród Winery with the best Furmint of Hungary surprisingly not from Tokaj, but from Eger,
– Paulus Wine House from Mór wine region with their award winning rosé wine,
– Steigler Cellar from Sopron wine region with their gold winner Zöld Veltelini (Grüner Veltliner) wines and their rarity, the Furmint from Sopron,
– Tornai Winery with their IWC Trophy winner indigenous Somló wines (Juhfark and Hárslevelű),
– Vesztergombi Cellar with its latest success, the Mundus Vini gold winner Vesztergombi Kerékhegy Shiraz 2017.
And many more…
The above mentioned wineries will all exhibit at their own exhibition booth with not only the wine from Winelovers 100 magazine, but with a whole range of wines.
The organizer Winelovers team will represent several other wineries at their own booth, among others Béres Vineyard and Winery and Dereszla Winery from Tokaj, Frittmann Winery from Kunság, Eszterbauer Winery from Szekszárd, Garamvári Vineyard from Balatonboglár, Gere Tamás & Zsolt Winery from Villány, Sauska from Tokaj and Villány or Taschner Winery and Sparkling Wine Cellar from Sopron.
Date: 18 September
Venue: Corinthia Hotel Budapest
Ticket on the spot: 12 900 HUF, ticket purchased in advance: 10 900 HUF